What is a Degree of Implementation Systematic?
Degrees of implementation represent a specific type of project milestones. They illustrate how close planned effects (e.g. planned savings) are to implementation.
In this sense, they represent status information for activity forecasting that can also be evaluated monetarily in procurement and initiative management. The following “degrees of implementation” (stages) can be differentiated in the planned procurement initiatives:
- Degree of implementation (DOI) 1: Idea defined for initiatives or planned savings
→ Awaiting release
- Degree of implementation (DOI) 2: Released for implementation
→ Estimation of the expected savings
- Degree of implementation (DOI) 3: Specific initiatives defined for the implementation of initiatives
→ Being implemented
- Degree of implementation (DOI) 4: Initiative implemented
→ Savings can now be quantified
- Degree of implementation (DOI) 5: Documents have been posted
→ Success can be reported
Read blog articles about spend management, initiative management and data management in procurement, or other articles from our experts.
For more information, see the following article: